Splitit is a global payment solution enabling shoppers to pay for purchases with an existing CREDIT card by splitting the cost into interest-free monthly payments.
How Does it Work?
- Select Splitit as your payment method at checkout.
- Wait to be re-directed to the SplitIt pop-up window, enter your credit card information, select the number of payments you want to split your purchase into (up to 12 months) and complete the SplitIt page.
- Once your order is complete, your first payment is charged to your card, and your order is shipped out so you can get Dermadry results immediately and pay at your chosen speed!
Splitit offers a 0% interest rate and no hidden or late fees. It works with an existing credit card, approval is instant, and no registration or credit check is required.
How does Splitit work?
- Splitit requests authorization from the shopper's card company, reserving the total purchase amount from the shopper's available line of credit. Then, according to the shopper's payment plan, the installment amount is collected each month, and Splitit requests authorization for the remaining balance.
Here is an example of how the service works for a customer buying a Dermadry Total ($998.00) in 3 installments of $332.67 each:
- Splitit obtains authorization from the credit card company for the authorization hold amount of $665.33. This is not a charge on the card; it is simply reserving $665.33. from the shopper's line of credit.
- The credit card company then charges the shopper $332.67 for the first payment.
- During the second month, Splitit requests authorization for the outstanding purchase amount of $332.67 and charges the shopper the second installment of $332.67.
- This authorization and charge process continues until the full $998.00 is collected–in this case, for 3 months.
Is there an application process for Splitit?
Which cards are supported by Splitit?
How do I track the installment payments on my card statement?
How do I receive a report of my installments?
Can I pay off my installments early?
What happens to my credit score if I use Splitit?
What if my card is going to expire in the middle of payments?
What if my credit card gets lost or stolen?