DO NOT use this device if you have any of the following conditions:
- Cardiac pacemaker
- ICD (implantable cardioverter defibrillator)
- Suspected or diagnosed heart problems (e.g. cardiac arrhythmia)
- Seizure disorders (epilepsy)
- Pregnant or suspected pregnancy
- Metal-containing intrauterine device (IUD)
- Metallic implants
- Large skin lesions and lesions that cannot be covered with petroleum jelly
- Numbness in the treated areas
- Infections or irritated skin
- Impaired sensation in hands, underarms, or feet (e.g. polyneuropathy)
- Malignant disorders in the area of application
- Severe vascular disorders (e.g. local inflammation or thrombosis)
- In the USA, Dermadry is intended for adults only.
The list below is not contraindicated for iontophoresis treatment. If you have or meet any of the following conditions, you can still do iontophoresis treatment.
- Undergoing laser treatment(s)
- Going to the gym
- Have dental implants or prosthetics
- Are on birth control (this excludes copper IUDs)
- Have metal jewelry on any part of your head (i.e. earrings, nose rings, etc.)
- Are breastfeeding (do not breastfeed and do an iontophoresis treatment simultaneously)
- Have metal implants that are far away from the area you are treating with iontophoresis.
NOTE: When in doubt, please contact your health professional.