DO NOT use this device if you have any of the following conditions:
- Cardiac pacemaker
- ICD (implantable cardioverter defibrillator)
- Suspected or diagnosed heart problems (e.g. cardiac arrhythmia)
- Seizure disorders (epilepsy)
- Pregnant or suspected pregnancy
- Metal-containing intrauterine device (IUD)
- Metallic implants
- Large skin lesions and lesions that cannot be covered with petroleum jelly
- Numbness in the treated areas
- Infections or irritated skin
- Impaired sensation in hands, underarms or feet (e.g. polyneuropathy)
- Malignant disorders in the area of application
- Severe vascular disorders (e.g. local inflammation or thrombosis)
- In the USA, Dermadry is intended for adults only.
The following is a list of conditions that are not contraindicated for iontophoresis treatment. This means that if you have or meet any of the following conditions, you CAN still do iontophoresis treatment.
- Undergoing laser treatment(s);
- Going to the gym;
- Have dental implants or prosthetics;
- Are on birth control (this excludes copper IUDs);
- Have metal jewelry on any part of your head (i.e. earrings, nose rings, etc.);
- Are breastfeeding (do not breastfeed and do an iontophoresis treatment simultaneously);
- Have metal implants that are far away from the area you are treating with iontophoresis.
NOTE: If in doubt, please contact your health professional.